Jose Barrero and Jacob Hurtubise both got on base four times for Louisville but they did so in different ways. Chattanooga lost the opening game of the playoffs, but got Blake Dunn and Rece Hinds back into the lineup.
It’s a free Patreon preview day! If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 8-4. Box Score
- Alejo Lopez went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- TJ Hopkins went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Jose Barrero went 4-4 with 2 doubles.
- Chuckie Robinson went 1-4 with a solo home run (12).
- Jacob Hurtubise walked 4 times and scored 2 runs.
- Levi Stoudt threw 2.1 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Kevin Herget threw a shutout inning.
- Ryan Nutof threw 1.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
Jose Barrero had four hits, including two doubles, as he extended his hitting streak to five games. He’s had at least one extra-base hit in three straight games.
Jacob Hurtubise has played in 31 games with Louisville. He’s now walked 25 times with just 11 strikeouts. He’s hitting .328/.479/.489 between Double-A and Triple-A in 114 games this year.
Top Pitch Velocity: Tony Santillan – 97.3 MPH (ball)
Top Exit Velocity: Jose Barrero – 103.7 MPH (double)
Furthest Hit Baseball: Chuckie Robinson – 386 feet (home run)
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 3-1. Box Score
- Blake Dunn went 1-4 with a walk.
- Edwin Arroyo went 2-5.
- James Free went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Alex McGarry went 2-3.
- Julian Aguiar allowed 3 runs in 6.0 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Brooks Crawford threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Jayvien Sandridge threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Lookouts dropped the best-of-three opening game in Tennessee. They will be off on Wednesday before returning to the field for the rest of the series in Chattanooga.
Blake Dunn and Rece Hinds returned to the lineup for Chattanooga after missing a little bit of time at the end of the season. Hinds hit a ball in the top of the 7th about as hard as he’s hit a ball all season, but center fielder Kevin Alcantara made a diving catch to end the inning.
Top 25 Prospects Rundown
9/20 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|