4/26 Game Review
Louisville won 8-3. Box Score
- Fred Lewis (rehab) went 3-3 with 2 walks, a HR, 3 RBI and 3 runs.
- Zack Cozart went 2-4 with a walk and a run.
- Dave Sappelt went 1-2 with a run and 3 walks.
- Danny Dorn went 2-4 with a double, run and 2 RBI.
- Kristopher Negron went 2-4 with a run.
- Johnny Cueto (rehab) threw 4.2 shutout innings with 3 hits and 3 strikeouts.
- David Johnson threw 1.2 scoreless innings of relief.
Game notes: Johnny Cueto looked good. He was getting the ball into the mid 90’s at times and was throwing strikes. He was showing off all of his pitches and they looked good for the most part. Dave Sappelt continues to get things done. He can also go get it in the outfield, showing off outstanding range in center a few times last night.
Carolina lost 10-6. Box Score
- Quintin Berry went 1-2 with 2 walks, a double and a run.
- Miguel Rojas went 2-4 with 2 runs.
- Mike Costanzo went 1-3 with a walk, RBI and a run.
- Cody Puckett went 2-4 with 2 RBI and a run.
- Jake Kahaulelio went 1-4 with a solo HR (2).
- Denis Phipps went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Dallas Buck allowed 2 earned (4 total) in 5.1 innings of work with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
Game notes: Justin Freeman and Lee Tabor combined to give up 6 earned runs over the final three innings. Dallas Buck had a good start and induced 8 ground outs to just one fly out.
Bakersfield won 6-5. Box Score
- Josh Fellhauer went 2-5 with a double and RBI.
- Eric Campbell went 2-3 with a double, walk, RBI and 2 runs.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-3 with a double, walk and a run.
- Chris Richburg went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Stephen Hunt went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Carlos Mendez went 2-4 with 2 runs.
- Mace Thurman threw 2 shutout innings of relief with 3 strikeouts.
- Scott Gaffney threw a scoreless inning of relief with a strikeout.
Game notes: JC Sulbaran had 5 strikeouts in 5 innings and could have come away without any runs being allowed if there had been clouds in the sky. A misplay or two on fly balls that weren’t touched went as hits that likely would have been caught had the sun not got in the way. Eric Campbell is hitting .471 at the 19 game mark of the season. That is good. AJ Means stole his 13th base of the season.
Dayton won 7-3. Box Score
- Jefry Sierra went 1-3 with a double, run and RBI.
- Dominic D’Anna went 2-2 with a double, walk, run and RBI.
- Donald Lutz went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- David Vidal went 1-4 with a double, run and 2 RBI.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-4 with a double and RBI.
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a double.
- Jaren Matthews went 1-3 with a solo HR (2).
- Tucker Barnhart went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Tanner Robles allowed 2 earned (3 total) in 5 innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Pat Doyle and Daniel Wolford each threw 2 shutout innings of relief.
Game notes: Billy Hamilton reached base via a walk and then stole 2nd and 3rd. He scored on the next pitch as Jefry Sierra hit a sac fly. Dominic D’Anna continues to rake and is now up to .364 on the season with a 2-2 night. The win gets Dayton over the .500 mark and marks the 8th win in their last 9 contests.
Today’s Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live|