4/6 Game Review
Just a note, but I added a new page to the site. You can now get links to watch every available minor league game online in the navigation bar above.
Louisville lost 3-2. Box Score
- Daryl Jones went 1-3 with a walk, 2 runs and a solo HR (1).
- Chris Valaika went 1-4 with a double.
- Neftali Soto went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Paul Janish went 1-3.
- Scott Carroll threw 1.2 scoreless innings of relief.
- Carlos Fisher threw a perfect inning of relief with a strikeout.
Daryl Jones led off the game with a home runs, then the Bats didn’t get another hit until there were two outs in the 6th inning. They only managed 4 hits on the game. A pick off in the 9th inning may have cost the Bats a chance to tie the game as a Neftali Soto single would have come with the bases loaded rather than runners on the corner. Scott Carroll debuted out of the bullpen in the game and pounded the strikezone with 16 strikes in 23 pitches.
Pensacola lost 9-3. Box Score
- Mike Costanzo went 1-2 with a double, run and 2 walks.
- Brodie Greene went 1-4 with a triple, RBI and a run.
- Mark Fleury went 1-3 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Chris Manno threw 2 hitless innings without a walk and with 3 strikeouts. He also hit a batter.
- Drew Hayes threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Pensacola took a 3-0 lead in the 2nd inning but gave up 4 runs in the top of the 3rd and the Biscuits never looked back as they piled on.
Bakersfield lost 9-3. Box Score
- Bryson Smith went 1-4 with a run.
- David Vidal went 2-4 with a HR (1), 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Travis Mattair went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Jamie Walczak threw a perfect inning of relief.
- Mike Griffin allowed a hit in a scoreless inning of work with 2 strikeouts in his debut as a pitcher.
Mike Griffin has pitched in the past, but always as a position player. His conversion to a pitcher came this year and he had a strong debut. Chad Rogers got the start and only lasted 2.2 innings while allowing 4 unearned runs, 3 walks and 2 strikeouts. David Vidal smacked a 2 run home run in the bottom of the 9th inning. The Blaze struck out a combined 15 times with Donald Lutz wearing a golden sombrero.
Dayton won 3-2. Box Score
- Jefry Sierra went 1-4 with a double.
- Ryan Wright went 2-4.
- Sean Buckley went 2-4 with a run.
- Steven Selsky went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with an RBI, steal (1) and a run.
- Nick O’Shea went 1-3 with a walk and RBI.
- Radhames Quezada allowed a run in 4 innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Carlos Gonzalez threw a perfect inning of work.
- James Allen threw 3 shutout innings of relief with 4 strikeouts.
The Dragons allowed the go ahead run in the top of the 9th inning, but were able to pick up the walk off win in the bottom of the 9th. Juan Silva started things off with a walk. Steven Selsky, Juan Perez and Nick O’Shea each followed with singles that plated the two runs needed to grab the win to push the Dragons to 2-0. James Allen had a strong season debut with 4 strikeouts in 3 innings.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|