4/17 Game Review
Louisville lost 9-7 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Kristopher Negron went 1-3 with a double, run and 2 walks.
- Chris Valaika went 3-6 with a double.
- Neftali Soto went 1-5 with a walk, HR (1) and 2 RBI.
- Daryl Jones went 1-3 with a double, walk and 2 runs.
- Paul Janish went 1-4 with a run.
- Dioner Navarro went 4-4 with a walk, run and 2 RBI.
- Carlos Fisher threw 1.1 hitless innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
The Bats trailed by 3 in the bottom of the 9th but were able to push 3 runs across to send the game to extras. Scott Carroll found an unfortunate time to allow his first runs of the year though as he walked 3 and gave up 3 hits in the 10th for 3 runs. The Bats were able to get one across in the bottom of the frame, but it wasn’t enough. Dioner Navarro reached base all 5 times he went to the plate.
Pensacola lost 7-0. Box Score
- Cody Puckett went 1-2 with a walk.
- Yordanys Perez went 3-3.
Didi Gregorius and Henry Rodriguez each went 1-4. No one else reached base (aside from the two mentioned above). Daniel Corcino struggled with his control, walking four in 4.1 innings.
Bakersfield won 8-5. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with 3 runs and a steal (11).
- Devin Lohman went 3-5 with a double, 2 RBI and a run.
- Donald Lutz went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- David Vidal went 2-4 with a run.
- Travis Mattair went 2-4 with a HR (3) and 2 RBI.
- Bryson Smith went 2-4 with a double, solo home run (1) and 2 runs.
- John Holdzkom threw 3 hitless innings with an unearned run on 4 walks with 2 strikeouts.
- Michael Griffin threw 1.2 scoreless innings of relief with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Brian Pearl threw 1.1 perfect innings with a strikeout.
Devin Lohman raised his average to .300 on the year with his three hit game. Statistically, he just seems like a very different hitter since he was demoted from Dayton last year. He has really turned things on and put up some strong numbers. Travis Mattair has a team leading three home runs on the season. John Holdzkom was hitting the upper 90’s with his fastball during the start.
Dayton lost 4-1. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with an RBI and 2 walks.
- Danny Vicioso went 2-4 with a double and a walk.
- Kyle Waldrop went 0-2 with 2 walks, a HBP and a run.
- Brandon Dailey went 3-4.
- Dan Jensen threw a perfect inning of relief with a strikeout.
- Kyle McMyne threw a perfect inning of relief with a strikeouts.
Both Dan Jensen and Kyle McMyne kept their ERA’s spotless for the season. Radhames Quezada had his first hiccup of the season, allowing 3 runs in 4 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|