4/20 Game Review
Louisville lost 2-1. Box Score
- Kristopher Negron went 1-3 with a walk and HBP.
- Paul Janish went 3-4 with a double and a run.
- Felix Perez went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Brett Tomko went 5.1 innings and allowed 2 earned with 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Josh Judy threw 2.1 shutout innings with 1 strikeout.
- Ron Mahay threw 1.1 scoreless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Not a lot of offense in this one. Paul Janish continues his good start, up to .345 on the season. The loss dropped Louisville to 5-11 on the year.
Pensacola won 5-3. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 2-5 with an RBI.
- Josh Fellhauer went 3-3 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Cody Puckett went 1-2 with 2 walks and a run.
- Miguel Rojas went 1-4 with an RBI and a steal.
- Mark Fleury went 1-3 with a double, 2 RBI and a run.
- Pedro Villarreal allowed 3 earned in 6.2 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Donnie Joseph threw 1.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
Miguel Rojas started in place of Didi Gregorius who was hit by a pitch yesterday. Josh Fellhauer hasn’t played since April 12th and came back with a big game, reaching base all four times he went to the plate. Cody Puckett has 14 walks and 13 strikeouts this season in just under 60 PA’s. He walked 28 times last season in 380 PA’s. Pedro Villarreal logged another quality start, his 3rd in 4 starts (his other start was 1 ER in 5.2 innings). He now has an ERA of 2.22 in 23.2 innings pitched with 22 strikeouts and 4 walks. Donnie Joseph remains spotless with his 4th save. He needed just 18 pitches to record 4 outs and 15 of his pitches were strikes.
Bakersfield won 1-0. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 1-4 with 2 steals (14) and a run.
- Devin Lohman went 2-4.
- Donald Lutz went 1-3 with a walk.
- Tony Cingrani threw 7 shutout innings with a walk and 9 strikeouts.
- Pat Doyle threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
The game was scoreless heading into the bottom of the 9th. Billy Hamilton led off the inning with a single. Hamilton then stole second base with Lohman at the plate. After a pop up bunt and an intentional walk to Donald Lutz, Billy Hamilton stole third base. Juan Duran then hit a pop up that the second baseman caught with his back to the infield and Billy Hamilton raced home to score the winning run in walk-off fashion.
Dayton won 12-7. Box Score
- Jefry Sierra went 3-5 with a triple, RBI and 2 runs.
- Brandon Dailey went 2-5 with a HR (1) and 3 RBI.
- Juan Silva went 1-3 with 2 runs.
- Steve Selsky went 3-4 with 2 doubles, an RBI and 2 runs.
- Junior Arias went 2-3 with a walk, double, RBI and a run.
- Nick O’Shea went 3-4 with a double, 3 RBI and 2 runs.
- Carlos Gonzalez allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 4 innings pitched (removed after a rain delay) with 2 walks and a strikeout.
Brandon Dailey hit his first home run of the year and he got a whole bunch of it. While the wind was blowing out, he still hit it about 400 feet. He only had one in 2011 for the Arizona League Reds. Jefry Sierra, Steve Selsky and Nick O’Shea all had 3 hit games. The 12 runs were a season high for the Dragons. Tonight will have the Dragons game back online, so if you don’t have any plans, tune in online to watch the young guys play.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|