4/22 Game Review
Louisville won 3-2. Box Score
- Denis Phipps went 1-4 with a run.
- Neftali Soto went 1-4 with a run.
- Daryl Jones went 1-1 with a pinch hit walk off 3-run HR (2).
- Bill Rhinehart went 2-2.
- Sean Gallagher threw 5.1 innings with 2 earned runs, 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Scott Carroll threw 1.2 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- JJ Hoover threw 1.2 hitless innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
The Bats had 3 hits and no runs through 8 innings before getting three hits in the 9th inning, including a 2 out walk off 3 run home run from Daryl Jones. The win broke a 5 game losing streak for the Bats.
Postgame article from BatsBaseball.com.
Postgame article from the Courier-Journal.
Pensacola lost 7-3. Box Score
- Didi Gregorius went 2-4 with a run and a walk.
- Joel Guzman went 1-3 with a double, 2 walks and a run.
- Brodie Greene went 4-4 with 2 doubles, a walk, a steal (3) and 3 RBI.
- Cody Puckett went 1-4 with a walk.
- Brian Peacock went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Daniel Corcino allowed 2 earned (3 total) with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts in 6 innings.
Brodie Greene had one heck of a game. He reached base 5 times, had two extra base hits and drove in all of his teams runs. Didi Gregorius returned to the line up after missing a few games after being hit by a pitch. He extended his hit streak to 9 games and 6 of those have been multi-hit games. He is up to .391 on the season, with all 25 of his hits being singles now. Daniel Corcino had 47 pitches through 2 innings (thanks to 2 walks and 2 errors building up his pitch count). He only needed 53 pitches to get through the next 4 innings.
Bakersfield won 8-6. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-4 with a double, walk, 2 runs and 2 steals (16).
- Yorman Rodriguez went 2-3 with 2 RBI, 2 steals (4) and a run.
- Donald Lutz went 1-3 with a walk, HR (3), 2 RBI and 2 runs.
- David Vidal went 1-4 with a double.
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a HR (1) and 3 RBI.
- Bryson Smith went 1-2 with a walk and HBP.
- James Ewing went 2-4 with a double and RBI.
- Daniel Renken allowed 3 runs in 6 innings with no walks and 9 strikeouts.
- Wilkin De La Rosa threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Daniel Wolford threw a perfect 9th for the save.
After sitting out for a couple of days Yorman Rodriguez returned to the line up and the 3 spot to drive in two runs. Billy Hamilton remains on fire, hitting .462 over his last 10 games with 7 walks and 10 strikeouts. Daniel Renken gave up three solo home runs for his only runs allowed. Wilkin De La Rosa lowered his ERA to 1.04 on the season. Daniel Wolford was able to drop his ERA to 1.80 on the season.
Postgame article from BakersfieldBlaze.com.
Dayton lost 2-0. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-4 with a double.
- Ryan Wright went 1-4 with a double.
- Danny Vicioso went 1-4 with a double.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-3 with a double.
- Radhames Quezada threw 7 innings with 1 earned (2 total) with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Brooks Pinckard threw 2 perfect innings of relief with 2 strikeouts.
The offense wasn’t able to get things going as the Dragons only reached base 4 times in the game. Strong start by Radhamas Quezada that went for naught. His start was the longest of the year for the Dragons.
Postgame article from DaytonDragons.com.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|