5/15 Game Review
Louisville lost 5-4. Box Score
- Willie Harris went 1-3 with a double, walk, RBI and a run.
- Kristopher Negron went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Neftali Soto went 1-2.
- Bill Rhinehart went 1-4 with a solo HR (4).
- Miguel Rojas went 2-4.
- Brian Peacock went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Pedro Villarreal allowed 3 runs in 6.2 innings with 2 strikeouts.
Bill Rhinehart continued his hot May with his 4th home run. Denis Phipps left the game after a sac fly hit to him in the 4th inning. He made a diving catch but had to leave the game after the play with a right shoulder injury.
Pensacola won 2-0. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-3 with a walk.
- Didi Gregorius went 1-3 with a walk.
- PJ Phillips went 1-3 with a run.
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-1 with a pinch hit 2-run home run.
- Tim Crabbe threw 7 shutout innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Curtis Partch threw a perfect inning of relief with 2 strikeouts.
- Donnie Joseph struck out the side for the save.
Tim Crabbe put together his best start of the season with 7 shutout innings. The walks continue to be a problem for Crabbe though, as he has 27 in 40.1 innings this season. Josh Fellhauer came up to the plate in the bottom of the 8th inning in a scoreless game and cracked a two run home run for the only runs of the game. Donnie Joseph struck out the side of 12 pitches to save the game. His ERA now sits at 0.45 on the season.
Bakersfield won 2-1, 6-1 in a double header.
Game 1: 2-1 win. Box Score
- Bryson Smith went 2-3 with a solo HR (3).
- Juan Duran went 1-3 with a solo HR (4).
- James Ewing went 1-2.
- Daniel Renken allowed 1 run in 5 innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Jamie Walczak threw 2 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Game 2: 6-1 win. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-4 with a double, triple, 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Devin Lohman went 1-2 with 2 RBI.
- Bryson Smith went 1-3.
- Travis Mattair went 1-3.
- James Ewing went 1-3 with a run.
- Theo Bowe went 1-2 with a solo HR (1), HBP and 2 runs.
- Tucker Barnhart went 0-1 with 2 walks and a run.
- Pat Doyle threw 6 shutout innings with just 1 hit allowed and 4 strikeouts.
Billy Hamilton went 2-6 with a walk, triple and a double in the double header, but was caught stealing for the second day in a row. Pat Doyle made only the second start of his pro career and he was dominant in it, allowing just one base runner in 6 innings. He lowered his ERA on the season to 3.28. Juan Duran hit a walk off home run in game 1.
Dayton lost 2-1. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Juan Silva went 2-4.
- Steve Selsky went 1-3 with a walk.
- Nick O’Shea went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Kyle McMyne threw 2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Lucas O’Rear threw 2.2 shutout innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts.
Starter Tanner Robles and catch Yovan Gonzalez were both ejected in the 4th inning. Robles was actually ejected a few pitches after Gonzalez was tossed. The Dragons continue to struggle to score runs.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|