5/18 Game Review
Louisville lost 5-3. Box Score
- Willie Harris went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Felix Perez went 3-4 with a solo HR (1), steal (1) and 2 runs.
- Cody Puckett went 1-3 with a walk.
- Danny Dorn went 1-3 with a run.
- Scott Carroll threw 1.1 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Jeff Francis gave up all four runs in the 3rd inning of the game. He had a walk and 6 strikeouts in the game over 5 innings of work. Felix Perez had 3 hits in the game, including a home run. The rest of the team had three hits combined.
Pensacola won 2-1. Box Score
- Joel Guzman went 2-4 with a run and a steal (1).
- Mark Fleury went 1-4 with a run.
- Yordanys Perez went 2-3 with 2 RBI.
- Tim Gustafson allowed a run in 5.2 innings with 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Justin Freeman threw 1.2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Donnie Joseph threw 1.1 perfect innings with a strikeout.
Josh Fellhauer went 1-4 to extend his hitting streak to 5 games and he is hitting .333 on the year. Donnie Joseph lowered his ERA to 0.42 on the season as he racked up his 8th save.
Bakersfield lost 6-3. Box Score
- Donald Lutz went 2-4 with an RBI and a steal (7).
- Chris Berset went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- James Ewing went 0-1 with 2 walks, a run, RBI and HBP.
- Theo Bowe went 2-4 with a run and 2 steals (15).
- Tony Cingrani allowed a run in 6 innings with no walks and 12 strikeouts.
- Michael Griffin threw a shutout inning of relief.
Tony Cingrani continued to dominate the California League as he had 12 strikeouts in 6 innings with one run. The scary thing is, that isn’t even one of his best starts of the season given that he has gone 6 shutout innings twice and once went 7 innings. The 12 strikeouts are a season high, but one short of his career high. Donald Lutz raised his average to .311. Theo Bowe continued to flourish in his new surroundings, now 9-14 in 6 games for the Blaze. The Blaze had a 2-1 lead after 6 innings, but Brooks Pinckard struggled in the 7th with 2 walks and 3 hits including a home run to put the Blaze down 6-2, in which they were unable to come back.
Dayton won 3-2. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a walk and HBP.
- Ryan Wright went 2-5 with a run.
- Jefry Sierra went 1-1 with a run before exiting the game.
- Juan Silva went 0-0 with 3 walks.
- Junior Arias went 1-4 with a run.
- Dan Jensen allowed 2 runs in 6 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Carlos Contreras threw 2 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Kyle McMyne threw a hitless 9th with a walk and a strikeout for the save.
The Dragons three runs is about as much of an offensive explosion as you have grown to expect in May as the Dragons racked up their 3rd win of the month behind a strong start by Dan Jensen who has a 2.43 ERA on the season as he has split it between the bullpen and the rotation. Carlos Contreras lowered his ERA to 1.71 on the season with his 2 shutout innings. Kyle McMyne’s shutout inning lowered his ERA to 1.21 on the year. Juan Perez is heating up and hitting .316/.422/.474 over his last 10 games.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|