6/3 Game Review
Louisville won 7-0. Box Score
- Joey Gathright went 3-4 with a double and 3 RBI.
- Danny Dorn went 1-3 with a double, HBP and 2 runs.
- Bill Rhinehart went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Cody Puckett went 2-4 with an RBI and 2 runs.
- Brian Peacock went 1-3 with a double, 2 RBI and a run.
- Jeff Francis threw a complete game shutout with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
Jeff Francis threw 114 pitches for his complete game and lowered his ERA to 3.72 for the Bats. He had 14 ground outs to just 5 fly ball outs in the game. Joey Gathright is hitting .382 in 9 games since being signed by the Reds.
Pensacola lost 5-4. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 3-4 with an RBI, steal (14) and 2 runs.
- Didi Gregorius went 2-5 with 2 RBI.
- Brodie Greene went 2-5 with an RBI.
- David Vidal went 2-4 with a double.
- PJ Phillips went 1-3.
- Andrew Means went 1-4 with a run.
- Chris Berset went 1-4 with a run.
- Tony Cingrani went 1-2 at the plate. He allowed 2 runs in 6.2 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts on the mound.
- Chris Manno threw a scoreless inning of relief with a strikeout.
Tony Cingrani left the game with runners on the corners with 2 outs in the 7th inning and a 2-0 lead, but the bullpen struggled over the final two innings as they allowed 3 runs in over the next 2.1 innings as well as two inherited runners to score. Cingrani threw 99 pitches in the game and most of them were fastballs. I will do a game review for him at some point next week after the draft talk settles down. Chris Manno has lowered his ERA to 2.61 on the season. Donnie Joseph had his second rough game of the season as he allowed 2 runs (1 earned) and saw his ERA balloon up to 0.93 on the season.
Bakersfield lost 5-4. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with a double, steal (62) and a run.
- Devin Lohman went 1-4 with a walk, HR (7) and 2 RBI.
- Travis Mattair went 1-4 with a double.
- Niko Vasquez went 1-4 with a HR (1) and 2 RBI.
- Jaren Matthews went 1-3 with a walk.
- Justice French threw 3 innings with a run, 3 walks and a strikeout.
- Chris Joyce threw 1.1 perfect innings of relief.
Andrew Brackman started for the Blaze and allowed 4 runs in 4.2 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts. Billy Hamilton extended his hitting streak to 13 games and is up to .330 on the season. Oh, and he has a few steals as well. Theo Bowe extended his own hitting streak to 8 games with a single in 4 trips to the plate and he now has 26 steals with 2 from Sunday. With the loss and a San Jose loss the Blaze stay in first place by half of a game.
Dayton won 5-4. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Steve Selsky went 2-4 with a triple and a walk.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-3 with a double, RBI, walk and a run.
- Nick O’Shea went 1-3 with a double, walk, RBI and a run.
- Juan Silva went 1-3 with a double, walk, RBI and a run.
- Daniel Tuttle threw 4 shutout innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Ryan Kemp threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Carlos Contreras threw a shutout inning with a walk.
Daniel Tuttle made a nice return from the DL (calf) with 4 shutout innings. Ryan Kemp lowered his ERA to 2.97 with his scoreless inning of work. Carlos Contreras lowered his ERA to 2.93 with his.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|