7/24 Game Review
Louisville won 4-1. Box Score
- Didi Gregorius went 2-3 with a walk, solo HR (4) and 2 runs.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Felix Perez went 3-4 with a double and RBI.
- Willie Harris went 1-2 with a run.
- Chad Reineke allowed a run in 5 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Will Ohman threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Nick Christiani threw 2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Donnie Joseph struck out the side to pick up the save.
After hitting just one home run in 81 games for Pensacola, Didi Gregorius now has 3 in 13 games with Louisville. He is hitting .294/.315/.549 for the Bats. After a slow start and missing some time with an injury, Felix Perez has hit .329 between June and July.
Pensacola lost 6-1. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 1-3 with a walk.
- Ryan LaMarre went 2-4 with a solo HR (5) and a steal (24).
- Donald Lutz went 2-4.
- Brian Pearl threw 1.2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Mark Serrano threw a perfect inning of work.
- Chris Manno threw a hitless inning of work with a walk and a strikeout.
Tony Cingrani had what was easily the worst game of his career. He allowed 6 earned runs in 5.1 innings with 2 home runs, 2 walks and 7 strikeouts. He had a no hitter into the 4th inning, but from the time he lost it until the time he exited the game, he struggled to keep his fastball down in the zone and was hit hard when he kept his fastball up. The last time he gave up more than 3 earned runs in a game was July 14th. Of 2011. It was only the second time this year that he had even give up more than 2 earned runs in a game. Billy Hamilton’s one hit was an outstanding bunt, what I like to call a Norris Hopper special, where it was placed perfectly right past the pitcher and toward the second baseman. He was picked off in the game.
Bakersfield lost 12-0. Box Score
- Stephen Hunt went 2-2 with 2 walks.
- Steve Selsky went 2-4.
- Niko Vasquez went 1-3 with a walk.
- Jamie Walczak allowed a run in 2 innings with a walk.
Not much to add to this one. It was ugly.
Dayton had the day off
Billings lost 4-3. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 3-5 with 2 doubles, an RBI and a run.
- Robert Maddox went 1-3 with a walk.
- Zach Vincej went 2-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Drew Cisco threw 5 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
Seth Mejias-Brean extended his hitting streak to 11 games.
AZL Reds lost 3-1. Box Score
- Tanner Rahier went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Adam Matthews went 1-4 with a double.
- Avain Rachal went 1-4 with a run.
- Elliott Hargreaves went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Luke Moran threw 3 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Abel De Los Santos threw a shutout inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Jackson Stephens threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
Pedro Diaz allowed 2 runs in 3 innings with strikeouts. The 19 year old now has 26 strikeouts and just 4 walks in 24.1 innings.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|