7/25 Game Review
Louisville won 5-4. Box Score
- Didi Gregorius went 3-5 with 2 runs and a walk off home run (5).
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-4 with a run.
- Mike Costanzo went 2-3 with a double, walk and a run.
- Dioner Navarro went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Felix Perez went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Cody Puckett went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Chris Valaika went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Kanekoa Texeira allowed a run in 2 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Travis Webb threw 2.2 hitless innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- JJ Hoover threw a shutout inning with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
The Bats were trailing 4-0 heading to the bottom of the 8th, but were able to rally and score 4 runs in the 8th inning. Neftali Soto recorded the first out of the 9th inning before Didi Gregorius crushed a home run roughly 425 feet over the patio deck in right center field for the walk off home run. With the Bats in 60 PA’s Gregorius is hitting .321/.339/.607 and overall on the year between his two stops .285/.343/.408. The bullpen allowed just 1 run in 6 innings and had 11 strikeouts.
Postgame interviews with David Bell and Didi Gregorius from The BatsSignal.com.
Postgame article from BatsBaseball.com.
Pensacola lost 6-2. Box Score
- Bryson Smith went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-3 with a HBP.
- Andrew Means went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- David Vidal went 1-3 with a run.
- Josh Fellhaur went 1-1 with an RBI as a pinch hitter.
- Josh Ravin struck out 3 and walked one in a hitless inning of relief.
- Justin Freeman struck out 2 in a perfect inning.
- Chris Manno struck out 2 in a perfect inning.
Kyle Lotzkar again struggled with his control as he walked 3 batters in 4 innings and threw 82 pitches and just 40 strikes. Bryson Smith is hitting .333 in 20 games with the Blue Wahoos. Beau Mills went 0-3 with a walk, which means he has reached base in every game for Pensacola since the Reds acquired him. Josh Ravin showed off his stuff with a fastball up to 97 on the stadium gun (which seems to be pretty accurate with past velocities) and his curveball.
Postgame article from BlueWahoos.com.
Bakersfield won 4-2. Box Score
- Theo Bowe went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Travis Mattair went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Steve Selsky went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Kurtis Muller went 1-2 with a run and RBI.
- Niko Vasquez went 2-3 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Josh Smith allowed 2 runs in 5 innings with 2 walks and 8 strikeouts.
- Pat Doyle threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- KyleMcMyne threw 2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Andrew Brackman threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
Dayton lost 9-7. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 2-5 with a double and a run.
- Jefry Sierra went 1-1 with a double and a run before leaving the game.
- Sammy Diaz went 1-3 with a walk and a run as Sierra’s replacement.
- Sean Buckley went 1-3 with a HR (8), walk and 3 RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-3 with a walk and solo HR (6).
- Joe Terry went 1-3 with a run.
- Juan Silva went 1-2 with a walk and RBI.
- Nick O’Shea went 1-4 with a solo HR (3).
- El’Hajj Muhammad threw 1.1 hitless innings with a walk and a strikeout.
The Dragons had a 7-4 lead heading into the bottom of the 6th but allowed 3 runs in the 6th to tie it and saw 2 more given up in the 8th. Jefry Sierra dislocated his left shoulder according to the link below, but the injury is not expected to cause him to miss much time.
Postgame article from DaytonDragons.com.
Billings won 12-11 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 3-5 with 3 doubles, a walk, 2 RBI and 2 runs.
- Jesse Winker went 1-5 with a walk, 2 RBI and a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 3-5 with a double, HR (4), walk, 2 RBI, a steal of home and 2 runs.
- Robert Maddox went 2-6 with a HR (8) and 3 RBI.
- Taylor Wrenn went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Fray Sosa went 1-3 with a double, walk and 3 runs.
- Zach Vincej went 2-5 with 2 RBI and a run.
- Jon Moscot allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 2 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Moran threw 2 innings and allowed 1 run with 2 strikeouts.
- Ben Klimesh threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Alejandro Chacin allowed a run in 2 innings with a walk.
Seth Mejias-Brean extended his hitting streak to 12 games. He is hitting .406/.473/.719 with 9 walks and 7 strikeouts in 64 at bats for the Mustangs. Robert Maddox is now all alone the top of the Pioneer League home run board with 8.
AZL Reds won 8-3. Box Score
- Elliott Hargreaves went 1-4 with a run.
- Jonathan Reynoso went 1-3 with a run.
- Tanner Rahier went 1-4 with 3 RBI.
- Daniel Paula went 2-4 with a run.
- Wilfrel Estevez went 1-4 with a run.
- Humberto Valor went 2-4 with an RBI and 2 runs.
- Jose Ortiz went 1-1 with a triple, 2 walks, 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Mike Saunders threw 3.2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Robert Lewis-Walker threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Daniel Paula is hitting .349 in limited action (10 games) after a 2-4 performance.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|